Foot idioms

Foot idioms - BBC Learning English (The Teacher)
The teacher introduces us to three English idioms connected with feet.


ingilizce deyimler:
itchy feet: çok gezen insanlar için kullanılır.
Example Sentence: I've got itchy feet

Cold feet: Cesaretsiz olmak, korkup caymak.
To become timid or frightened; to have one’s feet seem to freeze with fear.
Example Sentence: I usually get cold feet when I have to speak in public.  John got cold feet and wouldn’t run in the race.

Shot oneself in the foot: make a situation worse for oneself by accident
Example Sentences:
A: Did you meet your new girlfriend’s parents last night?
B: Yes I did.
A: How did it go?
B: I shot myself in the foot when I told her father I was unemployed and lived with my parents.

When Michelle got drunk before her final exam, she was shooting herself in the foot. She failed the test!

During the job interview, Annie managed to shoot herself in the foot when she told the interviewer that she was lazy and often late for work. She didn’t get the job.

PAYLAŞMAK GÜZELDİR:

Merhaba arkadaşlar, internetten İngilizce öğrenmek istiyorum diyenlere yardımcı olmak için bir çok faydalı içerikleri sitemizde paylaşıyoruz. Yayınladığımız İngilizce video dersleri, makaleler ve mp3 dinleme derslerini faydalı buluyorsanız, sosyal medyada sitemizi paylaşarak bize destek olabilirsiniz. Hepinize teşekkür ediyor, İngilizce eğitiminizde başarılar diliyoruz.

    Blogger Comment

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Akıcı ingilizce konuşmak - Yorumlarınız Değerlidir